Welcome to Vacation Rental WebSites
As you know, the Escapia’s Web Portal will cease operating effective May 2019. All websites now hosted by Escapia must be moved to API (Application Programming Interface) powered websites. We can host your existing vacation rentals website on our API-driven server, and do it for substantially less than Blue Tent and other vendors.
We have just completed this process for Eleuthera Vacation Rentals, Inc., an Escapia-powered vacation rental agency based in Fort Myers, Florida. You can view their website here: https://eleutheravacationrentals.net/ The owners of this company will provide references for our services and our work.
- Free transfer from Escapia
Our system automatically copies your website to our server. Only small corrections are required for design. We will do it for free (up to 4 hours of work). If you want a new mobile friendly design, then we can create it for you at a low price.
- Free trial.
We offer first month free as a trial period. You will pay for our service after 30 days. If you are not satisfied with our service, then you can exit for free. You can test if everything is good and check the difference between EscapiaWEB and our version your website.
- Free SSL from Let's Encrypt. You will get https:// address and green icon in browser address line. Our server will automatically generate and update security certificates.
- Low prices. We offer the lowest prices on the market.
- Same design. Before you pay for a graphic design for your website: We will keep your design.
Search engines will remember current URLs for your pages. We will keep all URLs.
In summary - you will receive the same website as your current website hosted on EscapiaWEB, but it will work via Escapia's API.
- Powered admin area.
Tweaking the look and the content of your website is easy in our admin area with 50+ fields to adjust your site on our setting page. Our page editor works like your current editor. Plus you can edit metatags for SEO and update images for headers and for a slideshow on home page.
- Dozens of improvements to the website Escapia built for you.
We will make our version of your website much better than Escapia's version:
- For the home page we will program a new slideshow with arrows and bullets. Users can stop auto-play and see any image in detail.
- We will add a "Map View" icon.
It will open in Google maps with all the properties that have been found. Visitors can select their favorite locations.
- "Search by property name" – shows the "Short name" (as on the Escapia site), plus we will add the "Marketing Headline" and mark the entered text in yellow.
- Sorting for searched properties works very fast, without reloading the page.
- Asc / desc sorting (which worked on Escapia with radio buttons) has now moved to a dropdown list of points with arrows ▲ or ▼. Sample:
- On the search page we used real prices instead of the "Display Rate" field on page Units > Open Units > UnitName > Rates & Policies.
- You can select a design for search results and select 1, 2 or 3 columns.
- The new calendar is more informative:
- tooltip will show the number of available days or that the booking is impossible.
- dates with restricted check-in are identified by a maroon color:
- on desktops when you select the check-in date, and move the mouse on the calendar, there will be a color hint of the availability for the selected period: yellow - less then minimum required days, green - allowed to book, red - selected unavailable days.
Customers will be very happy with this interactive calendar. It will save them a lot of time without clicks and waiting for the server response.
- We will repair the design for tabs.
Tabs on Escapia's websites:
Our repaired tabs:
- To the signature for pictures, in addition to "Description", we have added "Picture name" filled from "Units -> Open -> Unit -> Pictures". This is not available on Escapia's websites.
- On desktops you can click the image on slideshow and see details in a high quality large image.
- To the slideshow, we have added images from the "Panoramic" category. In Escapia's sites they are not shown.
- We designed stars with an exact range e.g. 4.71 , instead of a stepped list (0,0.5,1,...,4.5,5).
- Facebook & Twitter buttons are replaced by share buttons, and a Google+ share button added:
- To the address line we have added Latitude & Longitude (if known) as "Geo: xx.xxxxxx,xx.xxxxxx".
- To the Map, we placed an info field with unit name and address:
- Standard Amenities: grouped by category (not one long list as before).
- Additionally to "Unit Code" like pchd089 we have added "Short unit name".
- To the dates in "Seasonal Rental Rates" we added "season names" (Holiday, Winter, Spring etc.).
- Under the "Seasonal Rental Rates" table we added "Rate Notes" (not shown on Escapia's websites).
- "0 bedrooms" we renamed studio.
"Rate Details" page:
- "Security Deposit" is renamed "Refundable Damage Deposit" (as on HomeAway).
- We added "Cancellation Policy" distributed by API. You can edit it at Admin > Setup > EscapiaNET > Network Policies.
- In "Payment Schedule" section - we show "Payment Type" e.g. "Rent in Full", "Refundable Damage Deposit".
- Field "Card Type" is removed (as on HomeAway). The Payment processor automatically detects the card type (Visa, MasterCard, etc.).
- Billing address is hidden by default. Visitor can show it and fill it in if it is not the same as the mailing address.
"Thank you" page:
- To "Reservation Number" we added additional numbers:
Confirmation Number: 7R14R
Booking Number: BKG-00001
Around the site changes:
- We revised the coupon engine - the field for coupons is shown only if coupons exist for this unit (on Escapia's site if you set a coupon for one unit, then the coupon field is shown for all units on the site, which is confusing for users).
- We added a blog engine.
- We added a sitemap page. Text version for visitors. sitemap.xml version for search engines for better SEO.
- We programmed the top menu with 3 levels. Escapia offers just 2 levels for the top menu.
- All images are optimized so they will load fast.
- "Scroll to top" button is placed on left-bottom corner (see sample on this page).
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) our SEO package is included on all websites for free:
- You can edit metatags (title, keywords, description) for each textual page (which was not possible on Escapia's websites)
- To all pages we add microdata by schema.org - Google can use it to improve search results.
To all pages that include microdata:
http://schema.org/WebPage and mark mainContentOfPage,
http://schema.org/Organization - with your company details,
http://schema.org/TravelAgency - with your company details, rating and price range.
Google can show some results with this microdata that attracts attention to your website, for example:
For all units, pages included microdata:
all listed above, and:
http://schema.org/ItemPage (instead WebPage) and mark mainContentOfPage,
http://schema.org/Resort or if unit is a hotel, then http://schema.org/Hotel - with information about the unit, plus we include all reviews.
Improved admin panel (total 50+ fields to edit you site):
- For text pages - you can edit the top menu, images for slideshow on home page, header images for text pages, metatags (title, keywords, description) for better SEO.
- You can set "Web Discount" in currency or in percent
- You can set coupons for any individual unit or for all units. Discount by coupon can be in currency or in percent. Our coupon system is simple to use, (on Escapia, the coupons is very difficult to use)
- We wrote a new code for the slideshow. You can select the type (Fade, Horizontal, Vertical), select auto play speed, show/hide arrows, bullets, thumbnails, play and pause buttons.
- You can select fields to use in search form (Bedrooms, Bathrooms, Pets, Amenities and custom searches).
- On the "Reservations" admin page you can see all the reservations made via the website.
How it works:
Information about properties is provided by Escapia Inc. via API (Application Programming Interface) feed. Editing, adding and deleting information about properties is done through the Escapia Inc. control panel. Our server simply copies this information to the property pages on your website.
If you add, edit or delete any or all properties on the Escapia Inc. control panel, these properties will be automatically updated (after a few minutes) on your website hosted on our server.
If you close an account on Escapia Inc., then all properties will automatically be removed from your website hosted on our server (because Escapia will remove access to API).
In the booking process, information about prices, availability and guests is received from and submitted to Escapia Inc., Our server simply transfers this information between the visitor to your site and Escapia Inc. via API.
In the booking process all financial information (card or check numbers) is submitted to Escapia Inc. via API. Our server does not store this information.
The content of text pages (other than properties) is stored on our server and can be edited via our control panel.
How to Join:
- Send your request with the domain name of your website hosted on Escapia.
- We will copy your website from Escapia to our server and prepare a demo version of your new website.
- Review our demo version. If you like it, then you will send a request to Escapia support to switch over to our platform.
- Escapia support does some work, which takes a few days, and then provides you with the API keys.
- Send these keys to us and we will apply them to your site.
- Distribute your units to your website (which will now be listed as a Network Partner in your Escapia account)
- Change the DNS records for your website to redirect requests to our server.
- We will issue a free SSL certificate from Let's Encrypt and make your website live.
Read our How to Join FAQ
Request to Join:
- Free transfer - if you have a live website on EscapiaWEB, we will simply move it to our server.
- If you don’t have an existing website, we can build one for you for an hourly rate of $30.
|Quantity of active properties||Discounted fee for first year||Fee after the first year|
|Up to 20 active properties||$49 per month||$79 per month|
|Up to 50 active properties||$99 per month||$149 per month|
|More 50 properties||$2 per property per month||$3 per property per month|
For comparison: BlueTent Rezfusion fees are $5 per property per month after the first year!
* Google Maps may charge some additional fees.
"When I learned that Escapia was getting out of the business of hosting websites, I didn’t know where to turn next. The prices that Blue Tent, Rezfusion, and others quoted me were exorbitant. I was so lucky to learn that Vacation Rentals Websites could help me. They built a complete website for my rental agency that looks great, works perfectly, has even more functions than the old Escapia website, and is costing me about half of what Blue Tent or Rezfusion would have charged me. I cannot recommend them highly enough."
Eleuthera Vacation Rentals, Inc.
Fort Myers, FL
When Escapia announced they will stop the web service in May this year, we were shocked. We were not even 2 years with Escapia and already they force us to make changes that will cost us more money. The recommended hosting sites like BlueTent and some others are up to 500% more expensive then what we paid with EscapiaWeb. They all come with a lot of features that we probably will never use.
VacationRentalWebsites is very similar to the service we had with EscapiaWeb and they have the best rates of all the other providers we visited. And we did shop around many others.
Setup was very easy and communication is fast. Our existing website was moved fast with no interruption or down time. No one even noticed the website was moved."
Vista Cay Resort